One of the largest ever strikes in Australia it also involved New Zealand and Fijian workers, and its impact reverberated throughout the Pacific Rim because of the global structure of capital and labour in the maritime industry.
1913 Strike 1968 AGM ALHG Biography Book Book Launch bulletin Essay Competition Film immigration Migration newsletter People's History Publication Public Talks Research Rona Bailey Memorial SCW Seminar Strike talk TUHP ww1 ww100
- Ross Webb interviewed about the Labour History Project
- 2017 Rona Bailey Lecture – video now available
- LHP Bulletin – August 2017
- Labour 100: Gems from the Archives
- Book review: The Ascott Martyrs: Sixteen women from Ascott-under-Wychwood who were sent over the hills to glory
- Book Review: The Union of Their Dreams: Power, Hope, and Struggle in Cesar Chavez’s Farm Worker Movement
Join the LHP
Membership is $30 for individual members / $75 for corporates or institutions. If you'd like to join the LHP please click here.